Change/add few rules

• 7 Replies

Morford

Change/add few rules
« on: December 24, 2012, 09:35:35 am »
I would like to propose the removal of rule XI. D. 19. To prevent of bringing up the attention for overlooked players that owners would not notice until someone bid then decided to withdraw that bring some attention to other owners. It's owners' responsibility to be carefully bid on players, and stuck with it til bid expires or overbid by others. We are an adults:)

Other propose to change and add rule XII. B. Missed Field Goal scoring, -8 for 0-19yds, -5 for 20-29yds, -3 for 30-39yds, -2 for 40-49yds, -1 for 50-55yds. Reason to add 50-55yds because more kickers are able to kick from 50-55yds.

One last propose, add second round playoff for ranked 5-8. Any obviously owner fixed its roster to lose the game for high draft possible will be subjected to automatically disqualified and place in lowest draft place possible. For example, Cubs decided to start Braylon Edwards, which Cubs knew his lowest points, instead of their high percentage starter that lead to lose the game will be disqualified and move to lowest draft place.

Thank you:)

Rood

• Commissioner
RE: Change/add few rules
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 11:52:29 am »
Thanks Flint....

Rood

• Commissioner
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 09:11:02 am »
Flint- @cannonarm11

care to explain more on your last proposal.

To my eye it does not make any sense because once you lose the 1st round you do not play again. How can it be a FIX?
Thanks

Morford

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 07:59:34 pm »
will post YouTube for more clearly explanation.

Morford

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 09:19:05 pm »

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 10:22:59 pm »
I understand what wayne is trying to say.  Since our league is trying to "copycat" NFL system.  Of course, not everything!.  I went and found how they determine the draft slots.  Please read below:

Draft Order:

-- Determination of Draft order for the 32 NFL teams is based on the record and playoff finish by each team in that year.
  --  For the teams that did not make the playoffs, order is determined by overall season record, with the worst record picking first.
  --  For the teams that made the playoffs, the rest of the picks are ordered by playoff record, with the teams that lose getting lower picks based on which round they were ousted and the Super Bowl winner getting the last pick.
  --  For the playoff teams that got eliminated in the same round, their order is determined by regular season record.
  -- Overall ties are then broken by strength of schedule, which is a calculation of the combined record of all of a team's opponents in that year, with divisional opponents counting twice.
  --  The next tie breaker would be record against conference opponents and then divisional opponents.
  --  Coin flip will occur if tie still exists

Maybe that is something we can use for next year??

Rood

• Commissioner
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 07:37:46 am »
RZ- thanks for this! More than happy to add this....

I am still struggling understand wayne's point by cheating... I do not understand HOW can we all change lineup to lose.... I dont think anyone would EVER want to change our lineup to lose in first round (once you lose in first round you will not play again... so your talk 2nd or 3rd round is irrevelant)... nobody would want to throw away bigger money. Maybe we can meet/vp to discuss...

Morford

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 11:29:02 am »
I never mention about cheating in first round, I am speaking of 2nd and  3rd rounds when there is no money in it except high score players for hall of fame. Cheat may occur when playing in 2nd and 3rd round for higher draft position