• 5 Replies

Rood

• Commissioner
Motion 5: Taxi Squad (Failed)
« on: January 06, 2016, 10:15:26 pm »
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8syrnwIez8[/video]

RE: Motion 5: Taxi Squad
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 11:10:14 am »
I vote against taxi squad.  I believe that would discourage the owners to research carefully, and be wise with the number of year for bidding.  I have seen some wasted years due to ridiculous bidding on years, and expected that player to retire. Ended up that player became FA.  Owens, Moss, Chad Johnson, etc.

Foster

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 04:17:24 pm »
In two other leagues we use taxi squad exclusively for rookies. That way save roster space for players who are playing. Rookies are promoted to main roster once and can't go back to taxi squad. Also 2 years max on squad before you must decide whether to promote or release. And rookie salary counts towards cap

Just a thought.

Rood

• Commissioner
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 07:06:19 pm »
I am against Taxi Squad:

Don't want next Peyton Hillis or TE- Jermichael Finley signees gets away easily!

Foster

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 07:12:45 pm »
That's why we only put drafted rookies there and 2 years max. How often do rookies play first two years? Not often

I would never put any active veteran or a signed player there. Never heard of this approach of using taxi squad to hide players.

Plus cap still count no matter what.

Then again this league has large # of roster space so taxi not really that necessary anyway

Rood

• Commissioner
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 01:51:28 pm »
Majority reached. FAILED