First time for everthing

• 3 Replies

Rood

• Commissioner
First time for everthing
« on: February 28, 2014, 10:23:21 pm »
@ Stewart

Owner placed THREE bids on tag players... can he? A owner bids 2 tagged player.. can he?

YES- cuz he have 3 first round... other owner have two... but now question who gets what.. Since this is the first time it happens to us... deadline is in 2 hours...

Our currently rule: 8. If a franchise has more than one first round pick, the pick sacrificed will be it’s own original pick in the first round, not its highest pick. Should a franchise not have its original pick, the pick sacrificed must be equal or higher than its original pick. (i.e. Team A’s draft position is 8th, but it traded it’s #8 pick away previously. Therefore, team A must have a 7th or better to sacrifice to sign a tagged player.)

It didnt say about multiple bids.

I talked with Branton recently on facetime... he explained his thoughts and I agree with him. Since I do not want to make decision solely because I am involved with bidding. Branton suggested us to do this way.

We will look at FIRST bid.. 2nd bid.. 3rd bid... (counterbids does not count)
Ex.

Bid on player A first... will get MY original pick
Bid on player B second will get my 2nd highest
Bid on player C will get whatever left or higher than 2nd pick.

That is the best solution we can come up at this moment.

I just received text message from RZ he prefer different method as rank based on salary of player.... we really need to look at this for future to prevent that from happening again. He has nice idea but we need to look further into it to be clear.

RE: First time for everthing
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 10:37:19 pm »
I disagree!!!  If things happen for first time then all owners should have some say in this.  I think we should be more legit with this franchise league. I believe it would make sense that player has higher salary last year should get higher pick. We should not follow the luck of bidding time. Nfl has the system related to waiver system and round of pick.  If the salaries are same then we look at players ranking of last year

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 03:35:10 am »
It is kind of conflict for RZ to object about this because he want to be advantage for his own reasons. If you really want to follow NFL's system then I never saw a team bid two or three FT players all in same season!!! :-)

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 10:18:46 am »
Honestly I did not pay attention to where or who. I am trying to make this to make sense and legit. Following bidding time is just like shooting basketball half court.