issue...

• 16 Replies

Rood

• Commissioner
issue...
« on: March 09, 2013, 05:21:40 pm »
This has become an issue- I am asking for solution...

Two owners have gone over cap issue within a week... third owner ALMOST did. I have to caculate everybody's cap issue almost as often as I can.

Remember I am doing this for FREE.

League's policy is losing right on bidding on that player.

What if it becomes repeat offense in same season.

I was recommended by one owner to add this:

1st offense- lose right on bidding on that player
2nd offense- 1 week cant bid on ANY players
Future offense- Cant bid on 1 week and draft picks (increase each offenses)

I want to check this with you all first.

Thanks

RE: issue...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 05:37:47 pm »
I disagree with this policy because it is not official sign the players so can bid to see if win then can release my other players...

Morford

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 05:40:03 pm »
Sorry to say, u know that policy has been going on since year one, so therefore everyone should already know unless adding insurance cut

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 05:42:29 pm »
Thats what i forgot to add insurance cut...

Morford

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 06:08:24 pm »
THAT;)

Foster

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 04:10:52 pm »
If you bid over cap once, you lose bidding rights for x number of days.

Second offense, the highest paid player on your team is automatically made UFA.

That would wake people up :)

Edit: not the highest paid player. The highest point performing player.

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 04:20:14 pm »
First offense, lose rights to that player

Second offense, can't bid any players for a week

Third offense, (Highest performance RFA player becomes UFA)  I like Andy's second offense but I think Andy's 2nd offense should be 3rd offense.

My 2 cents.

29ers `14, `15, n`16 Champs

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 09:57:29 pm »
Any new rules have to be effective next season...

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 11:07:52 pm »
XIII. Changes to official rules and procedures for replacing franchise owners

B. All rule proposals are welcomed at any time, but voting on any rule changes can only take place at the end of the season prior to the opening of free agency.

Rood

• Commissioner
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 11:07:12 am »
Branton-

You do have valid point. Try to step outside of your shoe and look at this-

We do have guideline for something like this. In past we never had to address this situation. Travis is the first owner who went over cap issue (I think so). I had to address this situation as stated in guideline. Few days later- Travis went aggressive in free agent (I like him already)... making me check his salary once again he was under 100,000. That was a CLOSE call.. thats when I realize we need to address this situation. Thats why I posted the consequences.

You went over once, lost bidding. Then few days later again you went over. I cant do that everyday to montior everybody's salary. If you want to apply next year- meaning owners can start breaking rules this year and hoping that I would overlook and take advantage of this.

Remember last year I warned everybody that is your responsibility to track your own team's to comply the league's guideline.

I am leaving this to the committee that I have selected to deal with this: Andy Foster, Ronnie Zuchegno and Jam Ohea. They will come up with solution and address to the league.

Rood

• Commissioner
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 11:34:32 am »
@Stewart

The committee has discussed and gave me their decision on how to handle this.

Since the commissioner posted on 3/9 6:21pm to warn everybody because Macfadden and Stewart went over in less a week.

Stewart went over 3/9 5:22pm for the first time.

Second time 3/11, thats 2 days later for 2nd time.

The committee felt it was fair to do this:

1st time- lose right to bid on the player.
2nd time- lose right to bid ufa/rfa for one week and lowest draft pick
3rd time- lose right to bid ufa/rfa for two weeks and lose 2nd lowest draft pick available.

(If you do not have any pick at all- You will not be permitted to make any bids until you have pick available in that year)

As commissioner- I will do this: no bids on UFA/RFA for one week (you will not lose draft pick).

If you disagree with this- you have every right to appeal to the league and majority shall vote to override the committee's decision.

Thanks

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 11:37:42 am »
This is so wrong to penalty me because you guys just decided to add new rules against me!!! I lost my two bidding players so be it...

Foster

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 11:39:49 am »
you can always appeal to the entire league.

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 11:41:24 am »
I do not need to appeal the league because it is a common sense!!! YOU CANNOT DO THAT PERIOD... You will see my resign letter, so long!

Rood

• Commissioner
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 12:03:13 pm »
Branton-

Please read this in our guideline: XII.C

XIII. Changes to official rules and procedures for replacing franchise owners

A. All rule changes must be approved by a majority vote by all DEFFL franchises.

B. All rule proposals are welcomed at any time, but voting on any rule changes      can only take place at the end of the season prior to the opening of free agency.

C. There may be proposals made and accepted for emergency rules if a situation occurs in which the league cannot function properly until a new emergency rule is implemented. In this situation, the proposal still needs to be approved by a majority vote of all DEFFL franchises.

D. If a franchise owner wants to leave DEFFL, the owner must make an official announcement and adhere to the following two rules:

The departing owner must line up a replacement owner.

The prospective owner must be approved by a majority vote.