Commissioner's note

• 9 Replies

Rood

• Commissioner
Commissioner's note
« on: August 29, 2012, 12:43:52 pm »
I have few things that I would like to address before season starts.

1- Website of CBSSPORTSLINE- the website has awesome features but some of you expressed dont want to pay 12 dollars for website... I am currently in NFL.COM fantasy football for another league and I already asked the commissioner to add me as co-commissioner so i can explore the league setting. Which I already did! It is very compactiable with our scoring system...  I dont see any major flaws. The PRO of the website is no cost!  If you have chance- check out www.nfl.com their fantasy football website... share you concern...

2- I do not want to sound like a crybaby here... but this league does take up alot of my time doing updating the spreadsheet, forum monitoring.... A owner complained to me that I did not warn him about the RFA deadline. I told him that I cant monitor everything and I already warned everybody it is YOUR responsibility to know which player is bidded.. if its your RFA- it is your responsibility to make sure 7 days expires and you have 72 hours to match or not. I would like to use Todd Newman as expample- He announced to match Mendehall on his own. I would like for you guys to do same as Todd.. It would make my job much easier.

Some of you expressed your concern with me about an issue that happens an hour ago on forum... "You should answer that.."- Remember I am doing this for free and I do have life of my own. I am trying my best to keep this forum and spreadsheet updated as much as I can for no charge. With your help- my job will be much easier... If i make mistake- PLEASE text me and I am more than happy to solve it rather than POST on forum and "accusing".

3- Since we already have 12 dollars CBS fee built in our 150 dollars budget. How would you like for the 12 dollars to be used? If we moved to FREE website.

4- I would like to ask for a vote to see if we can move Rookie deadline from 7 days to 14 days because that can give some of owners who can bid UFA that rookie isnt signed by a owner. For example two owners havent signed their rookies and UFA expires tonight.... We cant sign drafted players that has not been signed by original team.

Again- REMINDER UFA/Rookies EXPIRES TONIGHT. Please have yourself familiar with our guideline. This year is our third year.. except Todd Newman...

Thanks

Foster

RE: Commissioner's note
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 03:45:51 pm »
Regarding CBS, I vote to hold that off till next off-season.

We are almost to the kickoff date and to switch now is not recommended in my opinion. $12 per owner is peanuts seriously considering the $150 fee etc.

Just my $12 opinion.

Andy

Morford

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 09:14:43 pm »
Agree with Andy, no big deal. Next year we can move to NFL.com.

Todesco

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 09:34:29 pm »
Prefer same CBS sport this year thank

Rood

• Commissioner
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 07:07:45 pm »
Andy-

Yes I was talking about next year... Its already headache asking everybody to fix their roster.. not everybody did!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 11:58:48 am »
I would recommend for us to find free website for our DEFFL and We each owner pay $10 to commish for his work.  It is all year round job, and since commish gets paid. We all can bitch to him about everything :).

Secondly, I suggest that we move the "UNSIGNED" RFA and Rookies to 7 days before kickoff and keep the unsigned UFA to 14 days.

Rood

• Commissioner
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 03:10:00 pm »
RZ-

If those rookies arent signed- we cant sign them if you propose your way.

If we move EVERYTHING 14 days and keep UFA open to 7 days.. that enables for us to sign any unsigned rookies...

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 03:10:45 pm »
Commissioner, you did great jobs as I have always enjoying this league... I know you are doing this for free so thanks!!!

Branton

Rood

• Commissioner
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 08:27:06 am »
Branton- I'm shocked u said nice thing to me :)
Thanks

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 02:23:47 pm »
Don't push your luck!!! :P

Quote from: 'Jun23ior' pid='2015' dateline='1347107226'

Branton- I'm shocked u said nice thing to me :)
Thanks