Rfa date

• 6 Replies

Newman

Rfa date
« on: February 04, 2015, 06:48:58 pm »
Hello owners, I wanted to change the date we could sign our rfa's. I often feel frustrated that I would like to sign my own free agents but am unable to until someone bids and I match- I propose moving it to the end of the first wave of free agency. If no one signs the rfa then we should be able to sign them and move on and focus on other areas of our team-  the current date is really late. Training camp is over and people start bidding higher on the players you have already invested in, driving their prices higher. Maybe June 1st? Reasonable? Your thoughts?

Newman

RE: Rfa date
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 07:03:26 pm »
For person who voted for later date on rfa, I am curious, what is your reasoning? Owners have March 1st, April, May. over 90 days to make an offer on any rfa. While if we wait till August, some inactive owners will scramble and look at rfa and grab them and drive price up. I'm curious, that's all always want a good reason for any change. This is a wonderful league, but not perfect yet- ;-)

Rood

• Commissioner
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 04:10:25 pm »
I voted against-

Reason: some players switch team.. need to wait to see what his role will be in the team.

Newman

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 04:33:57 pm »
Ah, can understand that- first, free agency starts in march and the draft is in May so by June, we should have a pretty good idea of Who is on the teams- I just feel June 1st rewards the owners who work hard in season adding dropping players-  by time 2nd wk of aug rolls around even lousy owners report to work- best owners work all year- that's the beauty of this league, it operates almost exactly like the real thing ;-) thanks for your input

Rood

• Commissioner
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 07:27:06 pm »
Newman- you have good point :) Like I said we all have opinions and lets vote on this topic :)

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 08:02:58 pm »
Newman,

I am sure some owners who might struggle to understand what you are trying to say.  My suggestion,  VLOG and post it here.  It worked for me last time.

Newman

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 10:17:42 am »
Ah good idea. Maybe next time for more critical issues. ;-)